- The chest is of fair width, and the forechest well-defined and visible from the side.
- The brisket is deep, reaching down to the elbows; the depth of the body at the lowest point of the brisket equals half the height of the dog at the withers.
- The ribs, extending far to the rear, are well-arched but not barrel-shaped.
- The lower stomach line is slightly tucked up, blending into a graceful curve to the rear.
- The croup is slightly sloped, flat and broad.
- The pelvis is long, and in females especially broad.
- The tail is set high, docked, and carried upward. An undocked tail should be severely penalized.