- The shoulders are long and sloping, close-lying, and not excessively covered with muscle (loaded).
- The upper arm is long, approaching a right angle to the shoulder blade.
- The elbows should not press too closely to the chest wall nor stand off visibly from it.
- The forelegs are long, straight, and firmly muscled, and, when viewed from the front, stand parallel to each other.
- The pastern is strong and distinct, slightly slanting, but standing almost perpendicular to the ground. The *dewclaws may be removed.
- Feet should be compact, turning neither in nor out, with well-arched toes.